Tuesday, October 03, 2006

 
The Trogluddite is making another quick post--I have 5 minutes until lunch. My prehistoric brain has just wrestled with Rollyo for almost an hour. This site, like Flickr, gives you everything you need except INSTRUCTIONS!!! Apparently the creators don't understand that there are some of us who need very basic, very detailed, and very concrete step-by-step instructions on how to use their products. I would never have been able to create my search roll or put it into my blog had not TWO of my younger and more knowleable coworkers shown me what to do, and even then they had to hold my hand and guide me. The Trogluddite wishes that these sites would remember those of us with brains the size of walnuts. Some one like me who tried to figure this out on his own would have a terrible time. It's a good thing that this is a collaborative learning project--but just think of the other poor trogluddites out there alone who don't have any highly-evolved coworkers to help. That's my gripe for today. Thanks for putting up with it. I'll have time to reflect on it later and say some more, but now it's time for lunch--must get my spear and look for mastodons.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?