Monday, October 23, 2006

 
The Trogluddite has had fun playing around with Learning Item #19. Since time is running out so quickly, I've been able to give only a brief overview of this item. I'd like to go back and look at this (and many of the other learning exercises) in more depth later. They all require more study and time than I can give now, since we are so busy with young ones. I looked in vain for tools about boys and reading, so I decided just to have fun("Trogs just want to have fun") and looked around. I found a wonderful wiki called Wetpaint. It's a great hodgepodge of subjects. I looked at three and had a great time with them. One was Book Lust by Nancy Pearl, who has been called "the librarian version of a rock star". A terrific site about books. The other two were Strictly Southern and The Worst Album Covers Ever. I didn't have much time to spend with either one, but I enjoyed them both. There was a great section about barbecue on Strictly Southern. I visited only 2 categories on the Worst Album Covers (some should be avoided) but those 2, Extra Cheese and Fashion Victims, made me laugh out loud. Who out there remembers album covers?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?